What is Forehead Lift
Forehead lift is a surgery that aims to improve the aesthetic appearance of the forehead. Its main goal is to straighten the usually drooping eyebrows in a more natural and youthful position. This repositioning of the eyebrows will improve both the aesthetics of the eyelids and the appearance of the eyes. Also the wrinkles of the forehead will be greatly improved.
Candidates for the Surgery
People with significant forehead and eyebrow drooping, without significant health problems and non-smokers or people who intend to follow smoking cessation instructions preoperatively and postoperatively
The Examination Before Surgery
During the exam you should be ready to discuss:
- Why do you want to do this surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
- Medical problems you may have, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments
- List of medications, vitamins, and supplements you use.
- Also tell your doctor about alcohol, tobacco, or[..]
Preparing For Surgery
- You will need to have a general blood test
- If you are over 40 or have a health problem you may need a chest x-ray, electrocardiogram or some more specialized tests.
- If you have a chronic illness you may need to see your doctor or adjust the doses of the medicines you are taking.
- Quit smoking at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin and[..]
The operation can be performed under local anesthesia or a combination of local anesthesia and sedation or under general anesthesia.
These options will be discussed during the review.
After the injection of the local anesthetic, an incision will be made (either in the hair or exactly where they start) and the soft molecules of the frontal area will be detached. Then the excess skin[..]
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Forehead straightening surgery is usually a very safe operation, however as with any surgery there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you f[..]
The key to the success of your surgery is to follow exactly the postoperative instructions that will be given to you.
You usually need to be hospitalized for a few hours after the operation in order to recover from the medications given during the operation.
Mobilization takes place immediately in the first postoperative hours and if your doctor examines you if you feel well you[..]
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Remuneration of surgeon / assistants
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How are complications treated?
- How much recovery period and what help will I need during it?
- What should I do to help get the best resu[..]