What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is the surgery that aims to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose. It is divided into aesthetic rhinoplasty that corrects defects of the cartilaginous and bony skeleton of the nose and corrective for genetic deformities or deformities after injury. Aims to bring the size and overall appearance of the nose in harmony with the rest of the facial features. The success of this su[..]
Candidates for the Surgery
- Healthy people without serious health problems
- Non-smokers or people who intend to follow instructions for at least a temporary cessation of smoking
- People who after talking with the doctor understand the possibilities and what this surgery can offer them
The Examination Before Surgery
During the exam you should be ready to discuss:
- Why do you want to do this surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
- Medical problems you may have, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments
- List of medications, vitamins, and supplements you use.
- Also tell your doctor about alcohol, tobacco, or[..]
Preparing For Surgery
- You will need to have a general blood test
- If the operation is performed under general anesthesia or sedation and you are over 40 years old or have a health problem you may need a chest x-ray, electrocardiogram or some more specialized tests.
- If you have a chronic illness you may need to see your doctor or adjust the doses of the medicines you are taking.
The operation can be performed with a combination of local anesthesia and sedation or with general anesthesia.
These options will be discussed during the review.
After the injection of the local anesthetic, the appropriate incision will be made and the soft molecules will be detached from the cartilaginous and bony skeleton of the nose.
Then the necessary corrections wil[..]
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Rhinoplasty is usually a very safe operation, with very little chance of complications, however, as with any surgery, there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to en[..]
The key to the success of your surgery is to follow exactly the postoperative instructions that will be given to you.
You usually need to be hospitalized for a few hours after the operation in order to recover from the medications given during the operation.
Mobilization takes place immediately in the first postoperative hours and if your doctor examines you if you feel we[..]
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Remuneration of surgeon / assistants
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for forehead surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How are complications treated?
- How much recovery period and what help will I need during it?
- What should I do to help get the best [..]