What is Gynecomastia Reconstructive Surgery
Surgery to restore gynecomastia aims to reduce the increased size of the male breast and improve its aesthetic appearance.
Medically, gynecomastia should be separated from the simple presence of excess fat or skin on the male breast, although the surgical approach is the same.
Gynecomastia is a medical condition that causes the breasts to swell and increase in size.
Am I a Candidate for the Surgery?
Gynecomastia should have been diagnosed by ultrasound, a hormonal test should have been performed and the cause should be determined.
The reason is that sometimes medication is enough to correct the problem, while other times if not treated properly the gynecomastia will recur even after surgery.
- Adults whose breast development is complete
- Relatively normal body[..]
The Examination Before Surgery
During a breast augmentation test you should be prepared to discuss:
- Why do you want to have gynecomastia surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
- Medical problems you may have, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments
- List of medications, vitamins, and supplements you use. Also tell your doctor if yo[..]
Preparing For Surgery
Your safety in the operating room is a top priority for us.
- You will need to have general blood tests, ultrasound and / or mammograms.
- If you are over 40 or have a health problem you may need a chest x-ray, electrocardiogram or some more specialized tests.
- If you have a chronic illness you may need to see your doctor or adjust the doses of the medici[..]
Options include local anesthesia, intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor depending on the size of the problem will recommend the best option for you.
It is applied in cases where gynecomastia is mainly the result of excessive concentration of adipose tissue rather than fibrous and cystic ele[..]
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery is usually a very safe operation, however, as with any surgery, there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully underst[..]
When the operation is completed, a special support patch will be applied to minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal.
The key to the success of your surgery is to follow exactly the postoperative instructions that will be given to you.
It is important that surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, friction or movement during healing.
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Surgeon / assistant fees
Many health insurance plans cover male gyne[..]
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How are complications treated?
- How much recovery period and what help will I need during it?
- What should I do to help get the b[..]
Fill out this short form to request a consultation and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Please indicate the services you are interested in in the message field.