What is Face Lift
Face lift is the ultimate surgery that aims to correct the signs of aging on the face and neck. Over time, the skin thins, relaxes and falls down, a condition that is aggravated by the normally occurring atrophy of all anatomical elements under the skin (fat, muscle, bone). Additional aggravating conditions are heredity, smoking and increased sun exposure.
Typical consequences of this c[..]
Candidates for the Surgery
- Healthy people without serious health problems
- Non-smokers or people who intend to follow instructions for at least a temporary cessation of smoking
- People who after talking with the doctor understand the possibilities and what this surgery can offer them
The Examination Before Surgery
During the exam you should be ready to discuss:
- Why do you want to do this surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
- Medical problems you may be experiencing, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments you are receiving during this period
- List of medications, vitamins, and supplements you use.
Preparing For Surgery
- You will need to have a general blood test
- If you are over 40 or have a health problem you may need a chest x-ray, electrocardiogram or some more specialized tests.
- If you have a chronic illness you may need to see your doctor or adjust the doses of the medicines you are taking.
- Smoking cessation at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid taking aspiri[..]
The operation can be performed under local anesthesia or a combination of local anesthesia and sedation or under general anesthesia.
These options will be discussed during the review.
After the injection of the local anesthetic, the incision will be made, which differs depending on the type of face lift that will be performed, the skin and the amount of subcutaneous fat will be [..]
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Facelift surgery is usually very safe, with very little chance of complications, however as with any surgery there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that[..]
The key to the success of your surgery is to follow exactly the postoperative instructions that will be given to you.
You usually need to be hospitalized for a few hours after the operation in order to recover from the medications given during the operation.
Mobilization takes place immediately in the first postoperative hours and if your doctor examines you if you feel well you[..]
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Remuneration of surgeon / assistants
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How are complications treated?
- How much recovery period and what help will I need during it?
- What should I do to help get the best resu[..]