What is Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is the surgery that aims to improve the aesthetic appearance of the eyelids.
The aesthetic problem that arises over the years has a dual cause. On the one hand is the relaxation and sagging of the skin that manifests itself in obvious excess and on the other hand the projection of the fat that is normally located in the eye socket around the eye outwards. Both the excess [..]
Candidates for the Surgery
- Healthy people without serious health problems
- Non-smokers or people who intend to follow instructions for at least a temporary cessation of smoking
- People who after talking with the doctor understand the possibilities and what this surgery can offer them
- People with clinical drooping of the upper eyelid (ie the eyelid falls and to some extent covers the pup[..]
The Examination Before Surgery
During the exam you should be ready to discuss:
- Why do you want to do this surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
- Medical problems you may have, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments
- List of medications, vitamins, and supplements you use.
- Also tell your doctor about alcohol, tobacco, or[..]
Preparing For Surgery
You will need to have a general blood test
If the operation is performed under general anesthesia or sedation and you are over 40 years old or have a health problem you may need a chest x-ray, electrocardiogram or some more specialized tests.
If you have a chronic illness you may need to see your doctor or adjust the doses of the medicines you are taking.
Quit smoking at[..]
The operation can be performed under local anesthesia or a combination of local anesthesia and sedation or under general anesthesia.
These options will be discussed during the review.
In most cases the surgery can be done safely with only local anesthesia.
After the injection of the local anesthetic, an incision will be made and the excess skin will be removed according [..]
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Eyelid surgery is usually a very safe operation, with very little chance of complications, however as in any surgery there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ens[..]
The eyelids are very sensitive tissues so swelling and bruising are expected after the operation. Cold compresses are useful on the first day. Swelling and bruising tend to subside quickly within the first week usually.
You usually need to be hospitalized for a few hours after the operation in order to recover from the medications given during the operation.
Mobilization takes p[..]
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Remuneration of surgeon / assistants
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How are complications treated?
- How much recovery period and what help will I need during it?
- What should I do to help get the best resu[..]