What is Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction is the surgery that aims to remove the excess of the breast and its skin, combining them with erection and better aesthetic result.
This will achieve a breast size in the ideal proportion to your body and relieve the discomfort and feeling of heaviness associated with oversized breasts.
Am I a Candidate for the Surgery?
Excessively large breasts can cause a variety of physical and psychological health problems.
It is common for people with large breasts to feel pain and discomfort in the breasts and back, as well as frequent skin irritations in the lower part of the breast, while when the problem is observed to an even greater degree it may affect the shape of the spine.
Also important is the p[..]
The Examination Before Surgery
During the examination for possible breast reduction you should be ready to discuss:
Why do you want to have breast reduction surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
Medical problems you may have, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments
List of medications, vitamins, a[..]
Preparing For Surgery
Your safety in the operating room is a top priority for us.
- You will need to have general blood tests, ultrasound and / or mammograms.
- If you are over 40 or have a health problem you may need a chest x-ray, electrocardiogram or some more specialized tests.
- If you have a chronic illness you may need to see your doctor or adjust the doses of the medicines you ar[..]
Breast reduction surgery is usually performed through incisions in the breast and through them surgical removal of excess fat, mammary gland tissue and breast skin.
In some cases, excess fat can only be removed by liposuction, although this technique is not very useful due to the coexisting excess skin. However, it is very helpful when liposculpture techniques remove fat around the brea[..]
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Breast augmentation surgery is usually a very safe operation, however as with any surgery there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understa[..]
When the operation is completed, a special support bra will be applied to minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal.
The key to the success of your surgery is to follow exactly the postoperative instructions that will be given to you.
It is important that surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, friction or movement during treatment.
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
Breast augmentation costs may include:
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Remuneration of surgeon / assistants
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What shape, size and technique are right for me?
- Which incision and which reduction technique is recommended for me?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How ar[..]