What is Liposuction and Liposculpture?
It is the operation that aims to remove excess fat from our body and give it better proportions. It is a very effective method for removing local fat from areas where it accumulates characteristically depending on each body type. Typical examples are the thighs, abdomen, back, lateral wall in the pelvic area, neck and inner surface of the knee.
An extension of liposuction is liposculptu[..]
Candidates for the Surgery
- Healthy people without serious health problems and with good quality and skin tone.
- Non-smokers or people who intend to follow instructions for at least a temporary cessation of smoking
- People who after talking with the doctor understand the possibilities and what this surgery can offer them
- Overweight people will benefit to some extent from this surgery how[..]
The Examination Before Surgery
During the exam you should be ready to discuss:
- Why do you want to do this surgery, your expectations and the end result that you would consider desirable.
- Medical problems you may have, drug allergies and previous surgeries and medical treatments
- List of medications, vitamins, and supplements you use.
- Also tell your doctor about alcohol, tobacco, or[..]
Preparing For Surgery
- Quit smoking at least 2 weeks before surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs and other medications as they may increase bleeding during surgery (you will be given a list of medications, supplements and foods we recommend to avoid preoperatively)
- Stop taking drugs because they may interact dangerously with the drugs that will be used in the op[..]
The operation can be performed under local anesthesia or a combination of local anesthesia and sedation or under general anesthesia.
These options will be discussed during the review.
After the injection of the specially prepared local anesthetic, one or more incisions of about half a centimeter will be made, from where the liposuction cannula will be inserted.
Risks And Security
The decision for any plastic surgery is personal and should be made by weighing the benefits of achieving your main cosmetic goals and the risks and possible complications of surgery.
Liposuction is usually a very safe procedure, with very little chance of complications, however as with any surgery there are some unavoidable risks.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensu[..]
The key to the success of your surgery is to follow exactly the postoperative instructions that will be given to you.
You usually need to be hospitalized for a few hours after the operation in order to recover from the medications given during the operation.
Mobilization takes place immediately in the first postoperative hours and if your doctor examines you if you fee[..]
Costs may vary depending on the complexity and estimated duration of the operation.
- Anesthesia fees - fee of anesthesiologist
- Cost of hospitalization and use of surgical facilities
- Medical examinations, medicines, consumables
- Remuneration of surgeon / assistants
Questions to ask during the examination
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery?
- How should the operation be done to have the best possible results?
- What are the risks and complications associated with surgery? How often do these problems occur?
- How are complications treated?
- How much recovery period and what help will I need during it?
- What should I do to help get the best resu[..]